Full Stack Development: It refers to the development of both front end(client-side) and back end(server-side) portions of the web application.
They work on the frontend, backend, database, and debugging of web applications or websites.
A full stack web developer is a person who can develop both client and server software.
In addition to mastering HTML and CSS, he/she also knows how to:
- Program a server (like using PHP, ASP, Python, or Node)
- Program a database (like using SQL, SQLite, or MongoDB)
Here are the three main categories:
- front end development (the visible parts of a website or app)
- back end development (the “under the hood” databases and infrastructure)
- full-stack development (a hybrid of both). Full-stack can apply to a web stack, mobile stack, or a native application stack (i.e. software programs for specific devices)
What is the Front End?
Front end developers build the visible parts of websites that users see and interact within their web browsers.
The front end of a website (or web or mobile application) is the part a user sees and directly interacts with. The front end is built with languages like:
What is a Back End ?
Back end developers build the “under the hood” parts of websites that users don’t interact directly. Back end programming languages include: